From my notes scribbled during the morning keynote, these new features might not all be accurately recorded:
1. Defeature - removes features from the model; makes the inside of the model solid (completely defeatured).
2. Revolve to surface.
3. Integrated Photoview allows realtime changes to materials, lights, etc. Keep working in SW as rendering takes place.
4. Spent 50% of the R&D time on making SW 2011 more reliable (less buggy).
5. Memory use optimized; SW now releases memory after a commmand finishes
6. Nonlinear simulation
7. Planar (2D) simplification for higher FEA meshes. The results can be transfered back to the3D model.
8. Add dimensions to entire drawing at once. Adjust placed dimensions to autostagger, and respace.
9. Dual dimensions on holes.
10. Drawings checked as submitted for approval.
11. Lightweight weldments. Add weld prep directly to assemblies. Add u grooves, intermittent welds, weld table, callouts on welds.
12. Walkthrough using manikins for greater control and realism.
13. Freeze features to prevent unnecessary rebuilds. Reduces time from 65 seconds to 0.4 secs.