Autodesk marketing is making it tough for us to know what's new in AutoCAD LT 2010. Their official bloggers dribble out partial feature lists. Indie bloggers merely repetez apres moi, as my high school French teacher used to say. And official press releases keep the stepchild on a terse leash.
Gleaned from a half-dozen sources, here's what I've been able to determine is new and changed in AutoCAD LT 2010:
New attribute data commands -- AttSync, BAttMan, and EAttEdit.
New external references commands and system variables -- RefClose, RefEdit and -RefEdit, REfeditName, RefSet, XClip, XFadeCtl, XOpen, and XRefNotify.
Other new commands and system variables -- Align, MeasureGeom, Reverse, and VPRotateAssoc.
- Read and edit constraints from DWG 2010 files, but not create them.
- Attach PDF underlays, snap to PDF geometry, and export drawings in PDF format.
- Convert splines and splined polylines back and forth.
- Purge zero-length objects and empty text.
- Edit non-associative hatch boundaries with grips.
- Clip xref, DWF/x, PDF, DGN, and image files.
- Matches ribbon, menu browser, and Quick Access toolbar changes in AutoCAD 2010.
I wonder what else is new in AutoCAD LT 2010?