Yesterday I was writing a blog entry when I noticed the Web browser seemed to seize up. I wondered if the problem might be a bug in the brand-new Opera 10, but the same problem occurred with FireFox. I examined the HTML code, and found large amounts of spaces between lines. I began erasing them, but found the process slow-going.
So I copy'n pasted the HTML code into the Atlantis word processor I use, and quickly found the problem for the seize-up: the code and the many blank lines took up 13,000 pages! I've got Atlantis now doing a search'n replace of all the blank lines. It's been running for 2 hours now, and looks to be about 40% of the way through.
The blank lines are probably due to a bug in TypePad's new editing environment, which suffers from other problems as well. For example, pressing Enter creates two breaks (br) codes, instead of a paragraph code (p). The breaks then play havoc with bulleted indents.