BricsCAD Platinum is the top end version of BricsCAD, and as such offers 3D constraints, design intent, and other high end functions. Naturally, it costs more than basic BricsCAD, but still far less than AutoCAD that doesn't have them. For V18 (to be released in November), BricsCAD Platinum get the following new functions:
MCAD and BIM Editing in One
At this conference, Bricsys is making the remarkable claim that BricsCAD is the only CAD system in the world that can do MCAD and BIM design in the same model (and the same file format, DWG). The demo they are showing is of changing the design of a parametric elevator inside a building model. In this tutorial, they replace the elevator's motor by importing a new one from Solidworks, and then making changes to the elevator to adapt the new motor.
Other new features:
- Linked balloons to auto-generated BOM table in generated views.
- Creating ribs along polylines; edit the polyline's path to edit the rib's path
- Determines which are sheet metal parts, and which are not
- Adding a sheet metal part intelligently to an existing assembly with no collisions
- Draw freehand along an assembly, extrude to create shell for assembly.
- ...and more