Nemetschek Vectorworks has a long list of new and improved functions for its flagship software, and so I've made a list of features I found interesting -- not based on using the software, but from reading a brochure sent to the CAD media a couple of days before the official announcement this morning.
- All 3D view navigation is now in rendered mode, no longer in wireframe.
- Vectorworks has a patent on this one: selective X-ray vision: X-Ray Select mode shows wireframe around the cursor temporarily while making a selection.
- Twist Tool twists solids, faces, and NURBS surfaces.
- Lots of new capabilities for clipping.
- Connections to walls are kept when making copies and moving them.
- Lots more ways of making doors, windows, and stairs, such as having a third stringer.
- Mirroring now shows a preview, so you can see what's going to happen.
- Select items by plane; ie, from those only on a current plane in 3D.
- Measure objects in viewports at their actual (not scaled) size.