While sheetset-using customers were thrilled that Bricsys added sheetsets to BricsCAD V13, complaints appeared promptly that the function was not implemented fully; i.e., it didn't do everything AutoCAD does.
(Well, I am not sure I'd want it to do everything that AutoCAD does, because I find sheetsets so difficult to figure out that I never use them. I am never sure which area the Sheetset Manager palette to right-click to access what function. I think Autodesk would have been better to have rolled out additional functions with subsequent releases, allowing users to get used to the complexity in smaller steps. Anyhow...)
Bricsys has a habit of shipping a major release, like V13, but then shipping major updates throughout the following year as tiny update numbers, like 13.1.10. I mean, would you take 13.1.10 seriously? You can read all that's new in yesterday's update at http://www.bricsys.com/common/releasenotes.jsp?i=3054, but here is what is added in sheetsets:
Edit Custom properties: adding, editing and removing sheetset and sheet custom properties.
When a sheet is opened, paths are now being resolved (dst: NewSheetLocation, DefDwtLayout; dwg: AcSheetSetData).
A sheet can now be associated with another layout, when it is opened and the drawing is not found.
When creating a new subset, the parent subset's properties are now copied into the new subset.
Sheetset fields sometimes failed to update correctly.
When changing a property in a subset that contains nested subsets, the user is asked if he wants to apply the same change to the nested subsets.
Added automatic backup of DST files upon opening, controlled by the 'SheetSetAutoBackup' preference.
Added sheetset XML import/export.
Drawing Explorer, Sheetset tab:
- removed "Prompt for Template" property from sheetset/subset property view.
- added "New Subset" to the sheet context menu for inserting a new subset between existing sheets.
New Sheet dialog:
- added browse buttons for folder path and layout template.
- new number is entered automatically, based on current number of sheets and using the new 'SheetNumberLeadingZeroes' preference
- import from existing drawings: new sheets are automatically numbered, the sheet title can now be the drawing name, layout name or both.
- when creating new sheets, custom sheet properties are now copied into the new sheet(s).