When IMSI/Design decided to get into mobile apps, the company's Bob Mayer told me they intended to release often. Well, they haven't quite met their original once-a-month-update schedule, but they do have versions of their Turbo software running on Android and iOS.
The first releases were CAD viewers that handle around 20 formats, translation being done on the fly, on the cloud. Today's announcement is for TurboReview for marking up those 20 formats -- plus it handles 3D PDFs, ensures text in 3D always faces you, and has leaders whose arrowhead snap to objects.
A summary of the functions includes the following:
- Places redline markups of 2D and 3D drawings
- Makes distance, angle, and area measurements
- Takes screen grabs of marked-up drawings
- Supports AutoCAD SHX and TrueType fonts, as well as AutoCAD linetype definitions
- Includes file management to place drawings in subfolders, rename files, and so on.
The app reads DWG, DXF, DWF, PDF, 3D PDF (U3D), TCW, 2CD, 3DM, 3DS, ASAT, CGM, DCD, DGN, EPS, FCW, IGS, OBJ, PLT, SAT, SKP, STEP, STL, STP, and WRZ.
The company is also staying in the lead price-wise, with the price of TurboReview being $50 at the App Store, and a $15 discount for now. More info at www.TurboApps.com. Pay and download from http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/turboreview.