A few days ago I wrote about ASCON shipping V12 of its KOMPAS-3D MCAD software, and now arch-competitor and Moscow-based Top Systems releases T-FLEX CAD version 12. Whereas KOMPAS uses a home-grown modeling kernel, Top Systems uses Parasolids.
Top Systems offers these programs:
- T-FLEX CAD parametric 2D/3D CAD system
- T-FLEX CAM computer-aided maching add-on
- T-FLEX Dynamics motion similation add-on
- T-FLEX Analysis finite element analsis add-on
- T-FLEX DOCs SQL-based EDM/PDM software
This new release of the MCAD program has a new graphics engine, and some operations are as much as 10x faster. The feature that caught my eye is the new ability to attach macros to parts, which can be programmed with algorithms and to insert custom entities.
Among the other new features:
- Can now change parameters of parts at any level.
- Adaptive smart fragments incorporate design intent into assemblies.
- Parts can align to specific surfaces, such as floors and walls -- handy for AEC applications.
- New command for modeling pipelines for cabling and piping design.
- 3D sections with clipped areas.
- Object-oriented 3D manipulators.
And lots more. There is an impressive 70-page PDF that documents all the new features: www.tflex.com/T-FLEX 12 Release Notes.pdf.
You can get yourself a 30-day demo from www.tflex.com/free.php -- after detailed registration.