In a Live Meeting presentation that was marred by a lack of VoiP (no sound for distant participants like myself), Autodesk laid out the next batch of cloud offerings -- most of which is limited to the roughly one-third of customers who pay an annual fee to Autodesk. Among the new items:
- DesignReview for iOS devices, but limited to 2D/3D DWF files (no DWG support). Strictly speaking, not a cloud product.
- 3GB storage space.
- Cloud-based optimization for models created in Inventor.
- Energy-use analysis for buildings designed in Revit.
- The now-decade-old Buzzsaw (Autodesk's first "cloud" product) gets syncs to some mobile devices. See figure below.
- Autodesk using Amazon and Citrix for its cloud infrastructure.
With Android smartphones now at nearly 60% of new devices, Autodesk needs to concentrate on this larger market.
The Q&A was audio-only, so I cannot report on what would normally be the most interesting part of any presentation.