AutoCAD's 3D solids were last updated in v2000 with the addition of the SolEdit command. The lack of subsequent enhancements has given third-party developers a niche, such as AutoSolids (US$495). It features:
- Constraint-free parametric creation and editing of solids
- Realtime previews of all solid modeling operations.
- Cutting solids with open or closed 2D profiles, direct extrusion of text objects into solids, retraction of boolean operations, and more.
- Automatic generation of multiview 2D drawings.
- Exclusive 3D command center
A demo version can be downloaded from autosolids.com. AutoSolids v3.13 supports AutoCAD Release 14.01 through 2006, as well as all versions of Mechanical Desktop and Architectural Desktop.